Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ponyo

This year for Halloween Eleanor decided that she wanted to reuse an old costume.  She is going to be an octopus, as she has been for the last three years.  I'm pretty sure this is the last year the costume will fit.  We were trying to figure out a costume for Charlotte.  Eleanor suggested Ponyo.  We thought this was a great idea.  I decided to make the costume of Ponyo as a fish instead of as a girl.  I stopped by Joanne's one morning and spent about six dollars on red and white fleece.  I used a dress that Charlotte had to trace a pattern for the dress part.  It took about an hour to make the pattern, cut the fabric, pin it together and sew it.  I didn't hem anything.  I struggled for a while trying to figure out how to make the pants/bloomers.  I thought some pants would be really easy, but I didn't have any elastic.  Finally I decided to use drawstring.  I found a cord that I had bought for another project long ago and the pants were done.  This costume took less than two hours to make and I think it turned out super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment